When you think about it, your boiler is really all that stands between you and the elements every winter. By heating your home with either steam or hot water, a boiler keeps your comfortable during the Long Island winter — which means it’s got a pretty substantial job to do. The steam boiler method works by distributing steam via pipes to radiators, and the hot water boiler heats your home by forcing hot water to baseboard radiators or radiant floor systems.
Whichever one you have, you rely heavily on it for the heat your home needs to make it through the cold months. If anything should ever happen to that device, you need to contact the best heating professionals in Long Island, the Outstanding Plumbing experts, to come and do your boiler repair.
All of the following sick boiler symptoms are reasons to call Outstanding Plumbing immediately for service:
- Higher-than-usual utility bills
- Pilot flame is yellow instead of blue
- Signs of leaking or excessive condensation
- Odor in your boiler room
- Inadequate heat, or complete breakdown
- Uneven distribution of heat through your house
- Loud noises from your boiler
- When your boiler is improperly installed or in some form of disrepair, you’re not only risking a break-down in the middle of winter: with every cold day that passes, you could be wasting money on a heating system that has lost its efficiency and doesn’t properly apply the energy it spends.
That’s why you should never wait until the dead of winter to realize your boiler needs help. Call the Outstanding Plumbing specialists today to have a pre-season tune up performed while it’s still not too late. You can also schedule an annual maintenance! In the case, however, that your boiler does start experiencing any of the problems listed above, don’t hesitate: call Outstanding today!